Hathor’s Sutil Luxe is one of my top favorite lubricants. In reviewing their thicker lube, Sutil Rich, I expected nothing but the best from them. Their quality of product lives up to its reputation, and Rich did not disappoint.
Appearance, Design, Advertising
Packaged in a simple grey tube with an easy-open and easy-to-clean cap, Sutil Rich draws the eye with their lotus symbol containing a single bright, maroon petal. In advertising Rich and other products, photos of silk and fur to give the impression of luxury. Whites, browns, and greys that give the website a clean and genderless appearance. Hathor avoids specific gender pronoun use throughout the site, opening up their customer base to more people, rather than singling out a specific demographic.
Hathor continues their good advertising and high quality by maintaining consistency throughout their products and website. Many products from other companies do not maintain consistency in their ingredients lists, which is misleading and could be potentially dangerous. Hathor also details the purpose for many of their included ingredients on their website. Adding to their quality of product are eco-certified ingredients and a biodegradable tube with a recyclable cap.
Rich contains several ingredients dedicated to moisturizing, all of them shared with Sutil Luxe. Rich also draws inspiration from Chinese medicine, using Chinese Herbal Aphrodisiac Tonics that have natural antibiotic and antiseptic properties, and one of which that was popular among horny old goats.
- Propanediol*(Zamea, botanical source; humectant derived from corn through environmentally sustainable process; 100% bio-based; moisturizing and soothing)
- Hyaluronic Acid (Botanical source; found naturally in the body; binds with water to create viscous gel; moisturizing and hydrating; “Nature’s Moisturizer;” plant sourced)
- Nelumbo Nucifera Root Extract* (Lotus Root; it’s water extract provides essential nutrients; moisturizing, nourishing, soothing)
- Epimedium Sagittatum (Horny Goat Weed) Extract (Chinese Herbal Aphrodisiac Tonic; used in China for 2,000 years; eaten by sexually active old goats [hence the name]; can soothe dryness)
- Panax Ginseng Root Extract (Chinese Herbal Aphrodisiac Tonic; helps boost immune functions; natural antibiotic and antiseptic properties)
- Zizyphus Jujuba Fruit Extract (Chinese Herbal Aphrodisiac Tonic; helps boost immune functions; natural antibiotic and antiseptic properties)
- Gluconolactone* (preservative)
- Sodium Benzoate* (preservative)
For more information on these ingredients, check out sutillube.com.
Taste and Smell
I couldn’t detect any scent from the lube. Like the Sutil Luxe, it has a sharp, clean, sweet taste. In watching me lick lube off my finger, my partner asked what flavor it was. He was confused as to why I would bother tasting a non-flavored lubricant. It’s all part of my testing process. Let’s say he’s masturbating, and using lube to make his experience more comfortable, when I decide to go down on him. I want to know that I’m not going to taste something horribly unpleasant. As for scent, I feel that the less a lubricant smells, the better suited the product will be for my vagina.
Rich contains similar ingredients to Luxe, with enhanced viscosity, making it better suited to anal penetration than their original product. It is excellent for my anal adventures, providing me a non-drying lubricant with soothing and moisturizing qualities that give me a comfortable experience.
Diagnosed with ulcerative colitis from a young age, maintaining my anal health and a comfortable experience is extremely important to me, and Sutil Rich allows me to have that experience. This lube provides me the cushioning thickness I love with penetration, and it lasts well during sexual activity and after, giving me the moisture I need for sex to be comfortable, and soothing me after.This article is part of my #SlidingIntoSummer series!
It’s great for those with sensitivities, lacking not only glycerin and parabens, but citric acid as well. It’s soothing and moisturizing ingredients help Rich not to dry out, and to provide an excellent experience.
This article is part of my #SlidingIntoSummer series! Sutil Rich is available for $25 for 10 10ml. sample packs, $15.95 for a 2oz. travel-size bottle, $25.50 for 4oz, and $38.95 for 8oz. A flat rate shipping charge of $10 CAD for North American orders and $20 for outside North America applies.
This lube was provided to me by Hathor in exchange for an honest review. This article is based on my experiences, and all opinions are my own.